Tea is the most consumed beverages around the world after water. A cup of tea has gone beyond being just a beverage to being a tradition. In most parts of the world, you are likely to be greeted with the warmth of a cup of tea irrespective of any occasion. And don’t we love that ? 😛
Thus, we believe, as a tea lover these etiquette are something you must know.
1.Never fill your cup to the rim.
2. Never cradle the cup with your fingers.
4. After stirring, remove the spoon gently and place it on the saucer behind the cup, without making any sound. The handle should be pointing in the same direction as the handle of the cup.
5. Use the spoon again to dilute the un-dissolved milk or creamer or sugar but do not lift up the cup and swirl the liquid.
6. If you are standing, hold the saucer in the palm of your hand, but mostly on the four fingers with the thumb on the rim. Picking up only the cup and leaving the saucer on the table is poor etiquette.
7. Hold the cup from the handle with the index finger through the handle, the thumb on top of the handle and the second finger below the handle with the top surface of the finger pressing against the handle. Do not ignore the handle and hold the sides of the cup with one or both hands.
8. If you are seated you may lift the cup from the table without the saucer.
9. But if the edge of the table is more than twelve inches from your body hold the saucer in another hand. 10. Do not squeeze out the infusion from the tea bag by placing the spoon and wrapping tightly the string around.
11. Don’t pull the string in an up and down motion to ensure that the tea is properly released in to the water.
12. Allow enough time for the tea to be released and then gently lift out the tea bag on the spoon.
13. Place the tea bag in another receptacle and never place it in saucer.
14. Take small, quiet sips of your tea. Do not blow on the tea if it is too hot.
15. When you are not drinking tea, place the cup on the saucer.
Tea fills our cup with joy, warmth and friendship. Moreover it can echo ones character. Therefore enjoy your tea by keeping these rules in mind!