Dear Tea Lovers,
This blog is going to be more on philosophical side, than the usual stuff about Tea. In our daily hustle and bustle of Life, we fail to acknowledge the most basic things or people that are around us. In India or probably around the World, people have always placed Doctors next to God. Amidst these we forget that after God, also comes a MOTHER ~ Your Actual LIFE GIVER. It is no less than a miracle of how a LIFE IS BORN OUT OF A LIFE. The pain that a woman endures during the delivery of a child is believed to be 9 times more than the maximum threshold of pain that any human body can bear. Is this less than a miracle ?
In Honor of Motherhood, every 2nd Sunday of May is celebrated as Mothers Day. A day when all the Mothers, Mother-in-laws, Grandmothers, Great Grandmothers, Great Great Grand Mothers 🙂 are honored, appreciated & acknowledged in every small and big way.
The 20th Century is witnessing an era of SUPER MOMS 🙂 where a woman is a perfect mother, a perfect wife, a perfect employee and a perfect boss. JIVRAJ TEA LTD. salutes & wishes all the Lovely Beautiful Amazing Mothers out there a very Happy Mother’s Day.
It is truly said that ‘THE HANDS THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE, RULES THE WORLD’. It is from a poem by William Ross Wallace that celebrates Motherhood and the concept that what a person becomes in their life starts with what they learn from their mother and that ultimately, it is mothers that have the greatest influence on what we are or become.
CELEBRATING MOTHERHOOD ON THIS BEAUTIFUL MOTHER’S DAY.
A Small gesture from your end is enough to make your mom love you more than ever. But why not take an extra step for this special day 🙂
>> BAKE LOVE MOM COOKIES <<
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Decorating icing
- Various Food Colors
- Special Equipment: 2- to 3-inch alphabet cookie cutters; several sealable plastic bags (not pleated)
- Whisk together flour and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a standing mixer (preferably fitted with paddle attachment) or 6 minutes with a handheld, then beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Form dough into 2 balls and flatten each into a 6-inch disk. Chill disks, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out 1 piece of dough (keep remaining dough chilled) into an 81/2-inch round (1/4 inch thick) on a well-floured surface with a well-floured rolling pin. (If dough becomes too soft to roll out, rewrap in plastic and chill until firm.) Cut out as many cookies as possible from dough with cutters and transfer to 2 ungreased large baking sheets, arranging about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes, then transfer with a metal spatula to racks to cool completely.
- Gather scraps and chill until dough is firm enough to reroll, 10 to 15 minutes. Make more cookies with remaining dough and scraps (reroll only once) in same manner on cooled baking sheets.
- For each color (you can make up to 7), transfer 1/4 cup icing to a separate small bowl and tint with food coloring. Snip off 1 corner of each plastic bag to create a 1/4-inch opening, then spoon each color icing into a bag, pressing out excess air. Twist each bag firmly just above icing, then decoratively pipe (or spread) colored icing onto cookies. Let icing dry completely (about 1 hour, depending on humidity) before storing cookies.
Looking out for a simpler way to wish her ? Just BREW the first CUP OF MORNING TEA for her 🙂 Simple as that 🙂
Keep having a TEAlicious time my Tea Lovers.
Happy Mother’s Day !!!
Check out the amazing ONLINE BUYING SPECIAL MOTHER’S DAY PREMIUM COMBO OFFER on our website WWW.J9TEA.COM . Gift your Mother a cupful of Wellness on this mother’s day.